Friday, February 14, 2014

The Type of Dad I Want to Be

When I get older, I would like to start a family of my own. I want to be a dad, I want to have kids. I want to be remembered by a few characteristics:
Respect - I want my kids to respect me, so I in turn will respect them. I won't be a tyrant, I will respectfully listen to my children and treat them how I would want to be treated as a kid.

Dependable - I want to be there for my kids when they need me. My son gets bullied at school? I will be there. My daughter got her heart broken? I will be there. I will help my kids with whatever problems they may face, but no matter what they won't face them alone.

Knowledgeable - I want my kids to look up to me, and one way to do that is being knowledgeable. I want to know what to do in every situation, or at least look like I do. Being knowledgeable will also help me help my kids with whatever they need help with.

Incredibly Funny - I want to make my kids laugh. I want them to be happy around me, and a good way to do that is to be funny. Laughter is the best medicine for any ills.

lastly, the most important...
Lovable - What parents don't want their kids to love them? I want to be the best dad in the world to my kids. I want them to love me as much as I love them. I want them to love me more than anything else in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment